apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: FW: apr_xlate_conv_buffer
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:18:35 GMT
Jeff Trawick <trawick@attglobal.net> writes:

> Assuming it stays "char *"...
>
> If there are some routines which for their own reasons need to pass
> "unsigned char *" into the xlate routines, then those routines need to
> typecast to "char *" so that they don't cause warnings to be generated
> on systems where char is signed by default.

I have't seen any preferences from anybody...  Suppose we change
apr_md4 and apr_md5, which pass in unsigned char buffers, to cast to
"char *" to avoid warnings on some platforms.  Does that resolve the
issue for you, or do you still prefer "unsigned char *" for the xlate
stuff?

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...