apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/user/unix groupinfo.c
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:44:01 GMT
Jeff Trawick <trawick@attglobal.net> writes:

> Ian Holsman <ianh@cnet.com> writes:
>
> > On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 15:18, trawick@apache.org wrote:
> > > trawick     01/11/20 15:18:04
> > >
> > >   Modified:    user/unix groupinfo.c
> > >   Log:
> > >   get the getgrnam_r() logic to compile; no promises on correctness :)
> >
> > my bad...
>
> how so?  I made it compile on my system.  At least now it compiles
> somewhere.
>
> > linux has the extra parameter
> > solaris doesn't ;)
>
> I see what you mean now...  I wouldn't have committed it if I didn't
> think it would compile on Solaris :(  (but life goes on, just as
> surely as 2.0 drags out forever)

oh, but we define _POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS on Solaris, and that gets
us the standard form of getgrnam_r()

It builds on Solaris8.  Now, does it actually work correctly?

> sounds like another fun autoconf test...  somebody else feel free to
> step in :)  (but say so, 'cause maybe I'll have some time after I get
> the kids to bed)

that doesn't seem necessary at this point, until/unless there is some
ancient Solaris that somebody wants to build on that doesn't make
available the modern flavor but does make available whatever else is
necessary for APR+threads to work

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...