apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject apr_dbm_private.h decls of apr_dbm_type_foo
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:04:57 GMT
So should these be static or extern?  (I guess extern).

apr_dbm_type_foo are all declared static in apr_dbm_foo.c but extern
in apr_dbm_private.h  These should be changed to extern in
apr_dbm_foo.c, right?

Example:

-static const apr_dbm_type_t apr_dbm_type_gdbm = {
+APU_DECLARE_DATA const apr_dbm_type_t apr_dbm_type_gdbm = {

I'm kinda guessing at how the code will change when I suggest that it
should be extern.  Right now, it works okay as static since
apr_dbm_foo.c is included by apr_dbm.c.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...