apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Mutli-DBM patch
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:32:14 GMT
Ian Holsman <ianh@cnet.com> writes:

> (inline as well as attached)
> This is my first foray into AutoConf.. so this is why I'm posting the patch
> it defines there new #defines APU_HAVE_XDBM.
> there is also a new dbm open function _open_ex(...) to specify the DBM
> later all also add a specific open call for each DBM
>
> So .. please comment..

As far as autoconf usage, it looks reasonable to me...

Any reason why the type parameter passed to the new open function is
char * instead of an enum?

Is there a way for apps to be aware of the APU_HAVE_foo capabilities?
(I don't think this has to be solved immediately.)  Some will want to
know what choices they should offer their users.

I guess having a char * type lets the app pass it straight from a
configuration directive to apr-util with no knowledge on the part of
the app.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...