apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: apr_buckets_file.c:file_read + XTHREAD
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 05:39:46 GMT
On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> Bill's idea was to map and then unmap the individual sections of the
> file, so that no more than one section was mapped at a time.  If you
> do that, and you really unmap each section as you map the next, you
> will be thrashing your MMAPs.  If you are really going to leave each
> section as an MMAP, then I would agree completely, and say let's do
> it, but that wasn't what Bill suggested.

It might not be exactly what he said, but I thought it's what he _meant_.
Ahh, don't you love the expressiveness of email?  :-)  One at a time is
typically what you get with the code I posted anyhow since most filters
limit how much they'll buffer, but the one-at-a-time rule is just not
enforced.  If it were enforced, then oh yeah, that would be bad.  :)

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA