apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: apr_buckets_file.c:file_read + XTHREAD
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 00:54:00 GMT
On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> It's theoretically possible for it to happen if you've split or copied
> your file bucket _before reading from it_ the first time.

Nope, scratch that, it won't even happen in that case.  Duh.  The
split/copied file buckets point to the _same_ apr_bucket_file struct and
therefore the _same_ apr_file_t.  Only once will we ever see that
apr_file_t as APR_XTHREAD, at which point we reopen it as ~APR_XTHREAD and
replace the apr_file_t in the shared apr_bucket_file struct.

You'll only ever possibly reopen the file once for one family of file
buckets [which basically means once per request max].

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA