apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: segv after client closes connection
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 05:52:19 GMT
On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> Okay, I found a patch that solves the problem for me.  Cliff, please
> test and let me know if it fixes your problem.  I am also not sure
> that I like this patch.  But, I will post it here and let people
> comment.

I'm running the tests on this.  But doesn't it break some of the
guarantees that pools make?  Normally, you'd expect in a subpool cleanup
that structures allocated in the parent pool would still be valid.  With
this patch, that's no longer the case.  Seems like bad mojo to me...

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA