apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject missing a method to access file descriptor
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:12:51 GMT
I'm implementing a PerlIO::APR layer to transparently work with
apr_file_t * from Perl. I must implement Perl_fileno() which returns a
file descriptor (int on unix or its alternatives) which can be then fed
into fstat(2) on unix or the alt function on other platforms.

Currently APR doesn't expose filedesc struct member, I suppose mostly
due to the fact that not all supported platforms use the same form of
filedesc. I see that os2 and win are different from netware and unix.

Is it possible to expose something like apr_fileno which will return its
appropriate filehandle/fd?

Thanks!