apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: Mutli-DBM patch
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:03:38 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Re: Mutli-DBM patch
>
> Jeff Trawick <trawick@attglobal.net>
>
> 28 Nov 2001 08:32:14 -0500

> Ian Holsman <ianh@cnet.com>
> CC:
>
> dev@apr.apache.org
>

> Ian Holsman <ianh@cnet.com> writes:
>

>>> (inline as well as attached)
>>> This is my first foray into AutoConf.. so this is why I'm posting the patch
>>> it defines there new #defines APU_HAVE_XDBM.
>>> there is also a new dbm open function _open_ex(...) to specify the DBM
>>> later all also add a specific open call for each DBM
>>>
>>> So .. please comment..
>>

> As far as autoconf usage, it looks reasonable to me...
>
> Any reason why the type parameter passed to the new open function is
> char * instead of an enum?
>
> Is there a way for apps to be aware of the APU_HAVE_foo capabilities?

I guess..
we just need to move the #defines somewhere they can see them maybe apu.h.in
instead of _select_db.h

> (I don't think this has to be solved immediately.)  Some will want to
> know what choices they should offer their users.

how about a function which returns a array of choices?

> I guess having a char * type lets the app pass it straight from a
> configuration directive to apr-util with no knowledge on the part of
> the app.

yes..
the plan in the future would be to add a hook or something at the end of the function
so other DBM's can register themselves and let them handle the open call.