apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject no replacement for ap_spawn_child's functionality?
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2001 08:25:17 GMT
I'm porting Apache::SubProcess Perl/XS module to mod_perl 2.0 and after
checking the existing APR's API I have found that the functionality
existing in ap_spawn_child from 1.3.x has gone. Now you can only run a
program/script from the spawned process.

Any reason for removing this support? I'm probably not aware of some
hidden portablity issues, but by comparing ap_spawn_child from 1.3.x
with apr_proc_create() from APR isn't the change is as simple as
replacing execve() call with func() call after copying apr_proc_create()
into some different function (of course the args should be different)?