apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/build apu-conf.m4
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:22:56 GMT
On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 08:41:41AM -0800, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> >   -apu_have_gdbm=0
> >    AC_CHECK_HEADER(gdbm.h, AC_CHECK_LIB(gdbm, gdbm_open, [apu_have_gdbm=1]))
>
> Why did you remove this line? It was there as a default, but I don't see
> where it defaults to 0 any more. It needs to be 0 so it can be set for
> APU_HAVE_GDBM.

Look at line 134.  The default was already there.  I think you just
missed that.  =)

> >   -APU_FIND_DB
> >   +dnl We're going to try to find the highest version of Berkeley DB supported.
> >   +APU_CHECK_DB2OR3
> >   +if test $apu_have_db = 1; then
> >   +  APU_CHECK_DB_VSN
> >   +else
> >   +  APU_CHECK_DB1
> >   +  if test $apu_have_db != 1; then
> >   +    APU_CHECK_DB185
> >   +  fi
> >   +fi
>
> I'm confused, you replaced APU_FIND_DB with less of the same code. What
> about db_185? The old function was more robust by ensuring the apu_have_db
> was set to 0 before calling the other functions.

If it does not equal 1, then it better equal 0.  If you want, you could
just reverse the logic so that it checks for 0.  Since it is going to
a preprocessor conditional anyway, zero and non-zero are the appropriate
values.  Feel free to change.  I don't think it is necessary and the
setting to 0 was redundant, IMHO.  -- justin