apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/build apu-conf.m4
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:41:41 GMT
On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 10:22:31AM -0000, jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
> jerenkrantz    01/11/29 02:22:31
>
>   Modified:    build    apu-conf.m4
>   Log:
>   Clean up the autoconf code for multi-DBM detection
>
>   - APU_CHECK_DB1, APU_CHECK_DB185 now set db_version (for consistency)
>   - Capitalize APU_CHECK_DB2OR3
>   - Make the APU_CHECK_DB2OR3 check go without warnings (check me out)
>   - Remove APU_FIND_DB as it only gets called once and is confusing things
>   - Change look_for->requested and which_dbm->default_dbm (pedantic)
>   - Error out if we don't have the requested DB
>   - Move the AC_MSG_ERROR to the point where it errors rather than
>     delaying (confusing)
>   - Fix the setting of the DBM libraries to be sane

>   -apu_have_gdbm=0
>    AC_CHECK_HEADER(gdbm.h, AC_CHECK_LIB(gdbm, gdbm_open, [apu_have_gdbm=1]))

Why did you remove this line? It was there as a default, but I don't see
where it defaults to 0 any more. It needs to be 0 so it can be set for
APU_HAVE_GDBM.

>   -APU_FIND_DB
>   +dnl We're going to try to find the highest version of Berkeley DB supported.
>   +APU_CHECK_DB2OR3
>   +if test $apu_have_db = 1; then
>   +  APU_CHECK_DB_VSN
>   +else
>   +  APU_CHECK_DB1
>   +  if test $apu_have_db != 1; then
>   +    APU_CHECK_DB185
>   +  fi
>   +fi

I'm confused, you replaced APU_FIND_DB with less of the same code. What
about db_185? The old function was more robust by ensuring the apu_have_db
was set to 0 before calling the other functions.

>   -case "$look_for" in
>   +dnl Yes, it'd be nice if we could collate the output in an order
>   +dnl so that the AC_MSG_CHECKING would be output before the actual
>   +dnl checks, but it isn't happening now.
[snip]

The rest is all good stuff.

-aaron