apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/build apu-conf.m4
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:33:59 GMT
On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 09:07:09AM -0000, aaron@apache.org wrote:
> aaron       01/11/29 01:07:09
>
>   Modified:    build    apu-conf.m4
>   Log:
>   Make sure we check for the various DB libs when we look for the headers.
>   Also collapse the gdbm test into something more palatable.

I should mention a couple other things while I'm at it:

- Removes the warning when gdbm isn't found -- since we have sdbm
  in our tree, it's not necessary to have some sort of external db
  support, so the lack of gdbm is not an error.

- This should get us building again for those of you who reported
  breakage. I can't possible check all the various installations and
  half-installations that this code covers, so please verify on your
  system. It seems to work on my Solaris machine with a db.h but
  no libdb.so, and also with my Linux machine with every DB under
  the sun.

-aaron