apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Problem compiling subversion
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2001 02:41:39 GMT
On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 01:37:44PM -0800, Jack Huang wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've got the latest edition of Subversion, after having checked out the
> source codes with subversion-r202.  When I compile the source code I get
> this error:

Woah. 202 is an *old* tarball. Please fetch a more current version from the
downloads page on http://subversion.tigris.org/. That also includes the
latest copy of APR, which is your problem below.

> In file included from subversion/include/svn_delta.h:34
>                       from subversion/libsvn_delta/vdelta.c:25:
> subversion/include/svn_io.h:292: parse error before `apr_exit_why_e`
> make: *** {subversion/libsvn_delta/vdelta.lo] Error 1

What's going on here is that you don't have an up to date copy of APR. I
thought we had instructions in a doc somewhere, but it appears they come up
only when APR can't be found.

See the end of ac-helpers/apr.m4 for instructions on how to check out a
working copy of APR into your directory (rather than the static copy that is
included into Subversion tarballs).

Using the latest release from subversion.tigris.org will update the copy of
APR, but using CVS will allow you to stay on the bleeding edge :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/