apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: segv after client closes connection
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 06:37:23 GMT
On Wednesday 14 November 2001 09:52 pm, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > Okay, I found a patch that solves the problem for me.  Cliff, please
> > test and let me know if it fixes your problem.  I am also not sure
> > that I like this patch.  But, I will post it here and let people
> > comment.
>
> I'm running the tests on this.  But doesn't it break some of the
> guarantees that pools make?  Normally, you'd expect in a subpool cleanup
> that structures allocated in the parent pool would still be valid.  With
> this patch, that's no longer the case.  Seems like bad mojo to me...

I couldn't decide if it was bad mojo or not, which is why I didn't just commit
it.  The structures will still be valid BTW, the only real difference is that we
run cleanups before we destroy memory.

The other solution may be to remove the sub-pool from the core_output_filter.
I need to understand why we have it first though.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org