apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/dbm apr_dbm_berkeleydb.c apr_dbm_gdbm.c apr_dbm_sdbm.c
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 19:02:32 GMT
On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 01:21:00PM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> On Thursday 08 November 2001 11:46 am, jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
> > jerenkrantz    01/11/08 11:46:44
> >
> >   Modified:    dbm      apr_dbm_berkeleydb.c apr_dbm_gdbm.c apr_dbm_sdbm.c
> >   Log:
> >   We are calling abort(), so we should include stdlib.h.
> A library should NEVER call abort.  If you need to cause the program to die,
> then you should return a value and let the program handle it cleanly.  Dieing
> inside a library is just wrong.
> -1 for this change, the correct approach is to remove the abort calls.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. The abort() calls are in there because
the functions haven't been implemented yet. We don't want to accidentally
call them and not know. All of the abort() calls will go away when we shift
the code from apr_dbm.c to apr_dbm_*.c.

Justin was just cleaning up some compile warnings. I didn't worry about them
since I knew the warnings were very temporary. He just wanted a clean tag, I
guess. *shrug*

Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

View raw message