apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: EGAIN, EINTR et.al.
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 00:41:21 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@covalent.net> writes:

> Right now we are trapping EACCESS and moving it to 'EAGAIN' for a flock().

since a couple of unices return EACCESS for the retriable
somebody-else-has-the-lock situation that most unices return EAGAIN
for

&&

(bad reason coming on) testflock.c assumes
APR_STATUS_IS_EAGAIN(status) will tell you if somebody else has the lock

> But on some platforms you can get things like EWOULDBLOCK and EINTR too.
>
> In APR is there a convenient macro to figure out if the exit code is a
> 'hard' error (say EINVAL, EBADF, ENOTSUPP) or one to figure out if it is
> a retryable type error ?

certainly more stuff is needed here, but would probably be more
specific than is-hard-error or is-retriable-error or even
is-hard-file-lock-error or is-retriable-file-lock-error
(does-some-loser-have-the-lock())

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...