apr-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: EGAIN, EINTR et.al.
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 00:52:59 GMT

On 29 Oct 2001, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@covalent.net> writes:
>
> > Right now we are trapping EACCESS and moving it to 'EAGAIN' for a flock().
>
> since a couple of unices return EACCESS for the retriable
> somebody-else-has-the-lock situation that most unices return EAGAIN
> for
> APR_STATUS_IS_EAGAIN(status) will tell you if somebody else has the lock

Right now with EINTR, EAGAIN and EWOULDBLOCK and the EACCESS with Apr
does in house I can cover linux,hpux,aix,solaris and *bsd - even under
funky (benchmark) circumstances (when the EINTR is the issue).

But yes - I see the problem - each call type; i.e. lock, read/write,
connect et.al. would each have to have it's own IS_RETRYABLE().

Dw