apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/locks/unix proc_mutex.c
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:12:52 GMT
On 25 Oct 2001, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Frankly, shirley, whatever, I think apr_file_mktemp() needs a
> parameter to specify the disposition of the file: remove immediately,
> remove at close, don't remove at all.

As far as I can tell, the option to remove immediately is not portable.
It works on Unix, but I don't think it can be done on Win32 or OS/2, at
least.  Or at least that's what I gathered from the APR code for other
functions for those OS's when I updated apr_file_mktemp().  Remove at
close vs. don't remove is doable, at least.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA