apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <bri...@kheldar.apana.org.au>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/locks/win32 proc_mutex.c
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2001 06:37:05 GMT
On 19 Oct 2001 23:25:28 -0000, aaron@apache.org wrote:

>aaron       01/10/19 16:25:28
>
>  Modified:    include  apr_portable.h
>               locks/beos proc_mutex.c
>               locks/netware proc_mutex.c
>               locks/os2 proc_mutex.c
>               locks/unix proc_mutex.c
>               locks/win32 proc_mutex.c
>  Log:
>  Implement portable accessors for proc mutex. These are equivalent to
>  apr_os_lock_get/set, but they work for apr_proc_mutex_t types instead.
>
>  I did my best to implement these on non-Unix platforms from how I saw
>  them implemented for apr_os_lock_get/set, but on those platforms they
>  are untested.

Well, this actually breaks things on OS/2 (& probably Win32), not because
there's anything wrong with it but because proc mutexes aren't yet
implemented on either platform so there's no os handle in the
apr_proc_mutex_t to get/set.

I guess I should actually implement them, so are they supposed to be like
APR_LOCKALL or APR_CROSS_PROCESS locks?