apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Granularity of mtime
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2001 02:52:03 GMT
On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 05:22:04PM -0700, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
> [...]

Is it right to assume that the reason you need this is so that the httpd
will mark a message with a Date that is later than the Last-Modified, hence
avoiding problems with HTTP/1.1's caching algorithm?

If so, it is probably more efficient to simply add a second to the Date
field value string than to try to sleep.

If not, never mind.

I still think that apr_time_t should be in seconds with a separate field
for microseconds.  One of these years I'll find the time for that patch.

....Roy