apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: apr_vformatter changes & optimizations
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 23:07:13 GMT
On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 01:43:55PM -0700, Jon Travis wrote:
> I was thinking today that it would be nice to be able to pre-parse
> *rintf style format strings into an intermediate array.  This would
> have the potential to speed up code which uses *rintf by quite a bit.

Potential vs. demonstrated?

Can you show that we're spendig significant time parsing the format strings?
Going and throwing a bunch of complexity for a small speedup might not be
worthwhile :-)

Personally, I'm guessing that more time is spent assembling than parsing.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/