apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Travis <jtra...@covalent.net>
Subject apr_vformatter changes & optimizations
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 20:43:55 GMT
I was thinking today that it would be nice to be able to pre-parse
*rintf style format strings into an intermediate array.  This would
have the potential to speed up code which uses *rintf by quite a bit.

The only drawbacks that I can think of, is that the parser function
will need to take in a pool, in order to return the array, and that
means functions like snprintf(), etc. (which will use the preparser)
will need to use pools.  I guess apr_snprintf, could just create its
own temporary pool, and destroy it before it returns.

Any thoughts on this?

-- Jon