apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: apr_file_mktemp
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 00:16:05 GMT
On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> I unlinked the file because that allowed things to work on Unix.  The
> DELONCLOSE on Unix doesn't unlink at close time, it does it by unlinking
> as soon as the file is opened.  That may be a bug.

Blargh... well, I guess that's the typical way to do it on Unix.  But in
this case it's a bit inconsistent with the other platforms... even with
its own name.  =-)  It'd be easy to move the unlink to the
apr_unix_file_cleanup function... that ought to help matters.

> The function name is deliberately not the same as POSIX, because I
> really don't like the name mkstemp.  :-) We are making a temp file.
> I think the name expresses that well.

Works for me.  I don't much like "mkstemp" either.  Just thought I'd
double-check.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com