apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: freelists: a slightly different approach
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 21:10:51 GMT
On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 12:34:37PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> > This is what I was alluding to in my absurdly vague message early on in
> > this thread. What I failed to realize at the time was that we don't have
> > a good way of getting that pool/freelist pointer deep into our filter
> > APIs. Am I looking at this correctly now?
>
> Yup.  The only thing I can think of is adding a "bucket_freelist"
> parameter to ap_new_connection - this would be similar to the ptrans
> pool (but not cleared like ptrans at the end of the connection).
> Then, use f->c->bucket_freelist as the parameter to the bucket_create
> functions.

Exactly what I've been suggesting all along.

(FirstBill, GregA, Jeff, David and I racked our brains over this almost
four months ago now and this was the best option we could come up with...
I'm still convinced it's the best way to go.)

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA