apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Release time?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:19:52 GMT
On 19 Sep 2001, Ian Holsman wrote:

> > APR-util can be released on a different schedule from APR, but yes
> > we should move APR-util to release, and all of these things should
> > be done as well.
>
> ARG..
> forgot about the bucket/sms changes that cliff was in the middle of.
> we should wait until he
> a) fully implements the SMS strategy
> b) uses the pools (I think we was going in this direction)

Yes, apr-util can definitely not go release until the buckets stuff is
finalized.  I swear I'm working on it... just a lot of stuff came up this
past week.

(I assume by "uses the pools" you mean the free-list stuff, which is what
I'm working on, but which is not pools in the apr_pool_t sense.  There are
no plans that I know of to make buckets use apr_pool_t's any more than
they already do.)

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com