apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Release time?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:26:16 GMT

Do we wish to keep or remove sms?
I realize a fair amount of time went into it, but performance
wise it didn't cut it (due to the extra indirection).  There
might be applications for it, but right now it is only extra
baggage.  Is anyone using sms currently, or planning to?

Other issues before release might be going over all the functions
one more time and check for consistency in argument ordering.
Changes to ordering have been postponed because the functions
were being used in httpd and elsewhere, but I think the release
should be as consistent as possible with respect to argument
ordering for ease of use.  I realize this impacts a big ammount
of code, but still think it is worth it.  If it is out there
there is no chance of changing the API anymore.

Sander