apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: Release time?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:07:37 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

>I would like to move APR to a releasable state finally.  To do this, we need to
>finish the locking API at the very least.  Does anybody have other issues that
>need to be resolved?

I have just one issue: apr_table_t

As of a couple of weeks ago, we were debating whether or not to
replace its internals with a faster data structure.  If we do want
to make a change like this, now is a good time.

If not, I still would like to replace apr_table_elts with a different
interface that doesn't make any promises about apr_table_t being
an apr_array_header_t.  That will enable us to fix the performance
in later releases without breaking people's application code.

--Brian