apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: setaside funcs
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:25:12 GMT
On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 11:19:47PM -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> So Brian's message on dev@httpd prompted me to go take a peek back into
> those issues with mmap_setaside() doing naughty things.  The thread
> discussing it ended with here:
>
> <Pine.GSO.4.32.0106271005080.20146-100000@cobra.cs.Virginia.EDU>
>
> Can you guys go back and reread that thread and then comment on the
> options I presented in the above message?  That'd be great.

+1 on option 1 (reopening and re-mmaping only when necessary).  It's
performance would *have* to be better than doing a silly memcpy.

I don't like saying we can't setaside on disjoint pools and I
think we should keep this with the pool cleanup code in case the
bucket isn't destroyed properly (is that possible?).  -- justin

P.S. Thanks to Cliff's reference to a msgid and my continued
annoyance at grepping through the archives manually,
www.apachelabs.org now has a quicky Message-ID search feature
that tells you where the message id came from.  Look at the bottom.