apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: freelists: a slightly different approach
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 19:45:19 GMT
On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 12:34:37PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> This is what I was alluding to in my absurdly vague message early on in
> this thread. What I failed to realize at the time was that we don't have
> a good way of getting that pool/freelist pointer deep into our filter
> APIs. Am I looking at this correctly now?

Yup.  The only thing I can think of is adding a "bucket_freelist"
parameter to ap_new_connection - this would be similar to the ptrans
pool (but not cleared like ptrans at the end of the connection).
Then, use f->c->bucket_freelist as the parameter to the bucket_create
functions.  I dunno if I like that or not...  But, that's the cleanest
solution I can see without having the buckets handle this all
internally (which no one else seems to like).  -- justin