apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: apr_lock_data_get or just pool accessors?
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2001 01:11:48 GMT
On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 05:49:13PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 September 2001 04:23 pm, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> Whatever we do here needs to be the same across all of the APR
> types.  I would hestitate to remove the apr_lock_data_get/set
> type of function, because they have been around for a while.

I would be more weary about removing them too if it weren't for the fact
that they always simply call apr_pool_userdata_{get,set}.

> However, they could all easily migrate to macros now that we have
> the pool accessor macro.

That is my thought, and I think we should probably add the accessor
macros anyway to each of the new lock types anyway. I'll cook up a patch
for this and let the decision to keep/remove apr_lock_data_get/set stand
on its own.

View raw message