apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject apr_lock_data_get or just pool accessors?
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2001 23:23:22 GMT
To make the new lock API complete, I had promised I would
migrate the old apr_lock_data_get/set functions to the new
apr_proc_mutex_data_get/set, at which point we have completely
replaced all functionality in the old API. After looking at
the implementation for apr_lock_data_get/set I realized that
they are merely facades on top of apr_pool_userdata_get/set,
with the mere convenience that they pass in the pool of the
lock you gave it. This is how it is on all platforms.

I propose that we simply add pool accessors instead, and let
the caller deal with the pool directly for userdata_get/set.
The old data_get/set functions are used in one place in httpd,
for example, and would be trivial to convert to the new method
that I'm proposing.

-aaron