apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Autoconf 2.5/Libtool 1.4 problem...
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2001 20:10:30 GMT
I just discovered that the AC_PROG_CC macro can only be used once within a
configure script. Its definition includes "m4_expand_once()". We have *two*
invocations: one in apr_hints.m4, and one in the main configure.in.

The hints one is fully expanded, and the main one is partial. However, the
hints invocation is in the AIX *conditional*. Therefore, a full check of the
compiler characters *never* happens. That completely bombs out a bunch of
other tests, particularly the libtool stuff.

I've fixed the stuff and am testing now. Watch for a checkin later.

I'm also seeing some caching issues. It doesn't seem to reuse config.cache
for some reason. Haven't looked into that one.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/