apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Release time?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:35:56 GMT
On Wednesday 19 September 2001 09:26 am, Sander Striker wrote:
> [...]

I would personally like to see it removed.  I do think that an SMS-like
implementation is a good thing, but I don't think what we have is quite it.
I am very careful about putting an API into a released version of APR,
because once it is there, it is there forever.

> Other issues before release might be going over all the functions
> one more time and check for consistency in argument ordering.
> Changes to ordering have been postponed because the functions
> were being used in httpd and elsewhere, but I think the release
> should be as consistent as possible with respect to argument
> ordering for ease of use.  I realize this impacts a big ammount
> of code, but still think it is worth it.  If it is out there
> there is no chance of changing the API anymore.

I agree.  This kind of thing needs to be done.  If it can be done with a
perl script, so much the better.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org