apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject apr_table_t (was: Re: Release time?)
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:29:24 GMT
On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 11:07:37AM -0700, Brian Pane wrote:
> If not, I still would like to replace apr_table_elts with a different
> interface that doesn't make any promises about apr_table_t being
> an apr_array_header_t.  That will enable us to fix the performance
> in later releases without breaking people's application code.

First change is to introduce new APIs to do whatever people were referencing
->nelts or ->elts for. Convert all code to use that, so that the apr_table_t
structure can be opaque.

Once that is done, then we can change the implementation at will, at any
time. And the new APIs must exist anyways.

So... I'd suggest working on the APIs first, and getting code to use them.
*Then* we can look at revamping the table implementation.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/