apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Release time?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:52:12 GMT
On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 06:26:16PM +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
> Other issues before release might be going over all the functions
> one more time and check for consistency in argument ordering.
> Changes to ordering have been postponed because the functions
> were being used in httpd and elsewhere, but I think the release
> should be as consistent as possible with respect to argument
> ordering for ease of use.  I realize this impacts a big ammount
> of code, but still think it is worth it.  If it is out there
> there is no chance of changing the API anymore.

That is a good point. Another thing to check would be things like
element type ordering in structs -- ie make sure apr_pool_t's are
the first element (I remember something about this from a thread
a long time ago. I don't know if it's still necessary, though. It
had something to do with accessing private data structures).

-aaron