apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] apr_thread_setconcurrency()
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 17:43:38 GMT
On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 10:17:16AM -0700, Brian Pane wrote:
> >So that's 25 ThreadsPerChild + 3 builtin threads (door server, door
> >client, reaper) = 28, so yeah, it stabalized to the number of simultaneous
> >requests I expect to handle (aka the number of worker threads).
> >
> How were you handling 25 simultaneous requests with just
> 10 concurrent connnections in ab?

Bad wording on my part... It stabilized at the number of worker threads
being used in the system.

Since the worker queue is FIFO, all the worker threads are used fairly
soon after they enter the queue. I'll be changing this to LIFO in the
near future (per Dean's suggestion) for possible cache hits, etc...

(My poor linux box doesn't push 25 simultaneous requests very well :)

-aaron