apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] apr_thread_setconcurrency()
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:26:28 GMT
On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 07:59:19PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 12:55:10AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > You also haven't mentioned how many LWPs it stabilized at after
> > 10 seconds?  Did Solaris choose to add a LWP for each user thread?
> > I have a feeling it wouldn't, but I may be wrong.  -- justin
>
> I'll follow up this reply with some real numbers.

Uniprocessor Solaris 8 (7/01) i86pc (Athlon)
worker MPM
ApacheBench with 10 concurrent requests to a very large shtml page.
I'm getting around 150r/s average.

<IfModule worker.c>
StartServers         1
MaxClients           1
MinSpareThreads      5
MaxSpareThreads     75
ThreadsPerChild     25
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

The worker MPM has these userspace threads:

main (signal handler) thread
thread_starter
1x listener_thread
ThreadsPerChild number of worker_threads

'top' is reporting 28 LWPs after hitting around 60,000 requests as fast as AB
can go (I hit it for at least a few minutes).

So that's 25 ThreadsPerChild + 3 builtin threads (door server, door
client, reaper) = 28, so yeah, it stabalized to the number of simultaneous
requests I expect to handle (aka the number of worker threads).

-aaron