apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [ADDON] apr_file_open_temp
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:34:03 GMT
On Friday 14 September 2001 09:22 am, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Ryan Bloom <rbb@covalent.net> writes:
> > On Friday 14 September 2001 08:40 am, Ian Holsman wrote:
> > > apr_mkstemp?
> > > it doesn't return the filename,
> > > just the filehandle.
> >
> > That's the one I was looking for.  Thanks.
>
> yeah, but its usefulness is pretty limited (basically, for
> APR implementation details on Unix)
>
> we need apr_file_open() to do the magic for us (calling apr_mkstemp()
> on Unix but doing something else on Win32)

File open shouldn't handle the temp file stuff.  That is overloading apr_file_open
too much.  It already has too many different modes of operation.  We should
have a separate API that creates a temp file.  That API should call apr_file_opn
and apr_mkstemp under the covers.

Ryan
Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org