apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/include/arch/beos threadproc.h
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 14:44:25 GMT
[This is not directed at you David. Your patch reminded me that we
 have this problem everywhere.]

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 01:33:39PM -0000, dreid@apache.org wrote:
>    APR_DECLARE(apr_status_t) apr_thread_exit(apr_thread_t *thd, apr_status_t *retval)
>    {
>        apr_pool_destroy(thd->cntxt);
>   -	exit_thread ((status_t)retval);
>   +	exit_thread ((status_t)(*retval));
>    	return APR_SUCCESS;
>    }

I still think we should change this prototype to:
>    APR_DECLARE(apr_status_t) apr_thread_exit(apr_thread_t *thd, apr_status_t retval)
There is no good reason that the return status is a pointer. Where is
that memory supposed to be allocated from? It better not be allocated
from the thread pool, since that was destroyed on the previous line (not
just on beos, but all other platforms too IIRC).

I'd like to supply a patch that changes apr_thread_exit() to simply take
(apr_status_t retval) as the return value, any takers?

-aaron