apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-site compiling_win32.html index.html
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2001 01:34:15 GMT
From: "Cliff Woolley" <cliffwoolley@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2001 7:37 PM

> >  Unix hacks, where is yours :-?
>
> Ours isn't that hard. ;-)  Seriously, though, what would go in it?  If
> anyone can think of some FAQ's for building on Unix, I'd be happy to
> compile them...

Here's the issue (that Ryan raised last week) ... we aren't ready to be a
standalone library.  Win32 hackers trying to tie APR closely to their app
(not a preinstalled shared binary) needed some guidance yesterday, since
the static lib question is thorny.

If you want to add a placeholder, that would do nicely.

Bill