apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <I...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] apr_thread_setconcurrency()
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2001 20:53:42 GMT
On Sun, 2001-09-16 at 11:21, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 08:16:03PM -0700, Ian Holsman wrote:
> > > Oh...
> > > I ran the the testlockperf code on the 8-way box, with
> > > the pthread_setconcurrency calls commented out, and with
> > > the concurrency calls put in (setting them to 8).
> > > results are as follows
>
> Could you rerun this test with LD_LIBRARY_PATH set like:
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/lwp ./testlockperf
>
> What do you see?  My results and comments:
>
> http://www.apache.org/~jerenkrantz/testlockperf.html
>
> Please read it if you have a chance.  -- justin
(I commented ut the setconcurreny calls)

$ ./testlockperf
APR Lock Performance Test
==============

apr_lock(INTRAPROCESS, MUTEX) Lock Tests
    Initializing the apr_lock_t                             OK
    Starting all the threads                                OK
microseconds: 9634489 usec
apr_thread_mutex_t Tests
    Initializing the apr_thread_mutex_t                     OK
    Starting all the threads                                OK
microseconds: 7333845 usec
apr_lock(INTRAPROCESS, READWRITE) Lock Tests
    Initializing the apr_lock_t                             OK
microseconds: 11365100 usec
apr_thread_mutex_t Tests
    Initializing the apr_thread_mutex_t                     OK
microseconds: 8443761 usec

$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/lwp/

$ ./testlockperf
APR Lock Performance Test
==============

apr_lock(INTRAPROCESS, MUTEX) Lock Tests
    Initializing the apr_lock_t                             OK
    Starting all the threads                                OK
microseconds: 25322674 usec
apr_thread_mutex_t Tests
    Initializing the apr_thread_mutex_t                     OK
    Starting all the threads                                OK
microseconds: 23590762 usec
apr_lock(INTRAPROCESS, READWRITE) Lock Tests
    Initializing the apr_lock_t                             OK
microseconds: 23106303 usec
apr_thread_mutex_t Tests
    Initializing the apr_thread_mutex_t                     OK
microseconds: 19515490 usec

--
Ian Holsman
Performance Measurement & Analysis