apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] apr-client
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 04:43:33 GMT
From: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@ebuilt.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 7:45 PM

> > I'm still in favor of apr-client. If we want to rename the top-level CVS
> > directory at some point, then fine...
>
> Okay, assuming the APR PMC wants to take it on as a responsibility.

+1 here, since this proves the APR Project must eat it's own dogfood :-)))

Think _lightweight_ guys ... if this gets unmanageable, it might need to
become it's own project.

And I agree with the assertion that APR = Portability Runtime,
APR-UTIL = Portable Runtime Utilities.  We can extend that just as long
as we remember that APR (primary) never contains anything except portability,
and APR-UTIL shouldn't grow in -huge- chunks (if it exceeds 10k lines of code,
it probably warrents it's own codebase.)

Sure sounds like apr-client could fit the bill.

Bill