apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/threadproc/unix thread.c
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 21:21:52 GMT
Aaron Bannert <aaron@ebuilt.com> writes:

> How about instead of assuming APR_SUCCESS we just leave it undefined?
> This seems counter-intuitive, in that a worker function that prematurely
> returns (w/o calling apr_thread_exit()) was probably exiting under error.

What is an undefined apr_status_t?  An uninitialized apr_status_t?
How does the caller of apr_thread_join() know it is undefined or
defined?  "undefined" would have to be some APR error code.

Why would a "return NULL" instead of apr_thread_exit() imply exiting
under error?  It depends upon the app.

An app is either going to have to code threads to always exit with a
result or its code to join can't do anything useful with the thread

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message