apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util configure.in Makefile.in
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2001 15:52:25 GMT
Ryan Bloom <rbb@covalent.net> writes:

> On Friday 31 August 2001 07:48, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
> -1  This is where we were before I made the change a few weeks
> ago.  APR-util relies on APR to build, duplicating the build logic
> is a bad idea, because like all duplicate code, it opens up places
> for bugs to hide.

That's just plain silly.  Copying a file from apr to apr-util doesn't
introduce more places for bugs to hide, any more than copying a
libtool-provided .m4 into one of our own does.  And this sort of
"duplication" has little relation to the changes you allude to.

Do you have a real reason not to commit this, or alternatively, your
own working solution you can commit?

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...