apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util configure.in Makefile.in
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:43:28 GMT
Ryan Bloom <rbb@covalent.net> writes:

> On Friday 31 August 2001 08:52, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > Ryan Bloom <rbb@covalent.net> writes:
> > > On Friday 31 August 2001 07:48, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > >
> > > -1  This is where we were before I made the change a few weeks
> > > ago.  APR-util relies on APR to build, duplicating the build logic
> > > is a bad idea, because like all duplicate code, it opens up places
> > > for bugs to hide.
> >
> > That's just plain silly.  Copying a file from apr to apr-util doesn't
> > introduce more places for bugs to hide, any more than copying a
> > libtool-provided .m4 into one of our own does.  And this sort of
> > "duplication" has little relation to the changes you allude to.
> >
> > Do you have a real reason not to commit this, or alternatively, your
> > own working solution you can commit?
>
> Yeah, the real reason, is that this is completely bogus.

That's just stupid.  I'm glad you want to solve the problem and I have
no problem with your solution, but your veto was bullshit.

The real reason is apparently that you have something you like better
(I'm not saying that's good or bad).  "Completely bogus" is not a
reason to veto something.

If you want to say "please wait before..." because you don't feel
something is as good as it can be and you want to play with it first,
feel free.  I think everybody would respect that from anyone else.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...