apr-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@schumann.cx>
Subject Re: use of malloc in dso.c instead of apr_palloc?
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2001 07:42:26 GMT
>     Well, as the overly long title suggests, is there any reason that
>     malloc() is used in dso.c (unix and aix)?  apr_palloc() seems
>     fine for these purposes (temporary string).  Also, as a side
>     note, sizeof(char) is used in the allocation, which is extreaneous,
>     because a char is always equivalent to one base unit of memory
>     (well, at least that's how I interpret ANSII).

    The only thing standards such as C99 define is that objects
    of type char can represent certain values ("it can store
    members of the basic execution character set").  No
    assumptions shall be made regarding the storage requirements
    of types, unless they are qualified as such (e.g. int32_t).

    - Sascha                                     Experience IRCG
      http://schumann.cx/                http://schumann.cx/ircg