apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: apr_bucket_split : should it take a offset or a size?
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2001 05:40:33 GMT
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Ian Holsman wrote:

> should the 'point' parameter in the bucket split (shared/notimpl/ & simple)
> be a 'apr_off_t' or a 'apr_size_t' ?
>
> This seems to be the only warning generated from the Win2k build
>
> http_protocol.c
> c:\src\apache\httpd-2.0\modules\http\http_protocol.c(678) : warning
> C4244: 'function' : conversion from '__int64 ' to 'unsigned int ',
> possible loss of data
>
> the offending parameter is 'readbytes'
>
> apr_status_t ap_http_filter(ap_filter_t *f, apr_bucket_brigade *b,
> ap_input_mode_t mode, apr_off_t *readbytes)

As of late, the rule has become this: individual buckets can contain no
more than an apr_size_t.  A brigade can have total length up to an
apr_off_t.  So apr_bucket_split() and friends SHOULD take an apr_size_t,
because that's the biggest the bucket can be anyway.  Something within
ap_http_filter needs to handle the conversion, I'd expect.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA