apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: apr_bucket_destroy & APR memory management
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2001 01:58:38 GMT
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> The short answer is: don't morph buckets.  The long answer is that
> free is a function of how the bucket content was allocated and not a
> function of its behavior as a bucket type.  So either move free out of
> apr_bucket_type_t

That makes sense.  So to restate my understanding of what you just said,
apr_bucket_type_t is for functions that operate on the data.  apr_bucket
function pointers (of which there are currently none) operate on the
bucket itself.  free() should be one of the latter.

+1.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com