apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [contrib] apr_xml_parse_file
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2001 23:23:37 GMT
On 7 Aug 2001, Ian Holsman wrote:

> > The above is also symptomatic of numerous problems throughout the
> > patch in terms of spacing and stylistic problems. Cliff: please
> > either reject the patch until Ian can fix them, or take the time
> > yourself before checking in.
>
> that was done.

Yeah, I cleaned it up.  There are some things in testxml I'm still wary of
(what on earth is perror()?), but it's a test program, not compiled by
default or even really distributed, so I guess it doesn't much matter.
It seems to work on Linux.  It could still use some cleaning up; there
seems to be a lot of duplicated code, for example--but that can happen on
a second pass.

> > The buffer length should be an apr_size_t.
> >
> > The parser should not be returned. There is no need: it is entirely an
> > internal concept. Note that it is created, then marked as "done". The caller
> > can't do anything with it at that point.
> >
> > Is the point to return an error message or something?
>
> the only way a caller can get the XML error messages is by referencing
> the 'parser' the variable is only set if there is a error.
>
> I don't know of any other way (except for passing a error-buffer into
> the call) of getting the XML specific messages out.

I'll let you guys figure out the best way to handle this, and it can be
patched later.

Thanks,
Cliff

   Cliff Woolley